Monday, July 7, 2008

Last Minute Packing

It'll be way past midnight by the time I'm done packing everything for the trip. It's about half past 11pm on Sunday night. This blog is more of a test than anything else. It's kind of weird typing on Vic's laptop. Everything is so much smaller and I feel like I've got fat fingers. I'm using my new ftp backup space to host the pictures here. I guess I should explain the green card pictures.

I went and got my "Green" card on Saturday from the Calgary Airport Customs. After about half an hour of rude service and $4 later I had my stamp on my green card from the customs officer.

The "green card" is used to identify all expensive items, such as the photography equipment, that you are taking out of the country. That way when you come back into the country, you can present the card to prove that you didn't buy any crazy goods that you have to declare.

Well now it's about midnight. I have to get up at 6 am. The taxi is coming to pick is up at 9am. Flight is at 1 in the afternoon. Apparently, we're convinced that luggage check in will take at least an hour, which I wouldn't put past the airport authority. Either way, I know I'll be sleeping like crazy for the first couple of hours of the flight. But I'm getting ahead of myself... I'll be flying from here to Vancouver. From Vancouver a long flight over to Hong Kong, and then onto Bangalore. It's an hour to Vancouver with a two hour "wait" over there. And then something like 17 hours over to Bangalore. I'll post when I can and I'm pretty sure I'll have at least 50 pics by the time I get to Hong Kong. I'll probably post tomorrow anyhow to kill time. And now, back to the last minute packing...

No comments: