Saturday, July 19, 2008

Back to South India

Woke up early morning and my stomach wasn't feeling too well. We headed quickly over to Akbhor's tomb which was by far the best tomb I've seen next to the Taj. You were even allowed to take pictures inside of the tomb! Simply splendid and I'll let the pictures describe the tomb instead of words. Well, I'll add that the this tomb is the only tomb I've seen so far that has so much vivid color everywhere!

Akbar's Tomb Entrance

At a wall

Incredible Colors and Textures

Colorful Patterns

Love the Gold Trim

Entrance into the courtyard before Akbar's Tomb

Akbar's Tomb in the distance

Akbar's Tomb in the distance

MONKEY SHOTS











Grand entrance before entering the hallway to Akbar's Tomb

Beautiful Trees line the entrance to Akbar's Tomb

The hallway to Akbar's Tomb

The Hallway to Akbar's Tomb

Akbar's Tomb

Akbar's Tomb and his lantern

Akbar the Great Lies here

View of the front entrance to Akbar's Tomb

The Exit


The drive back to Delhi was long and I slept through most of it. Back in Delhi, Anil wished us off well and invited me to bring Becca back some time and to make sure he was our driver lol. He's a funny guy and I like him and I will hire him next time.

Highway Traffic

Anil the Driver - Great Guy

4 hours later, I was back in Bangalore relishing South Indian food and calling it a night. And that was the end of my North India tour!

All in all the journey was great. I had lots of fun and my favorite places were Amer Fort, Qutb Minar, and Taj Mahal. Next time I come I'll definitely spend as much time as I can in Rajasthan.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What no cheeky caption for the monkey photos? There were only half a dozen posted... and nothing to say ? geez Frank. I expected better from you